Insulation, Drywall, and Housewrap
West Michigan is a beautiful place to live, but it gets cold here in the winter months. Be sure that your home has the right amount of insulation to keep your family warm and keep the heating and cooling bills low. In fact, you can save 20% on your heating and cooling bills for years to come by adding the correct amount of insulation. Our experts would be happy to help you find just the right insulation and/or drywall for your project.
How much attic insulation do you need? Experts say that 15.5" inches is ideal for the best insulating value. If you can see wood beams, you need more insulation. We are in Zone 5 for which the Department of Energy suggests an R-value of R49-R60.
- 10-12" existing - get at least one layer R-19
- 6-7" existing - get at least one layer of R-30
- No insulation - get at least one layer of R-19 + one of R-30
What Kind of Insulation Do I Use?
- Uninsulated Attic . R49-R60
- Floor . R25-R30
- If New Siding . blow-in insulation into empty walls & add R5 to R6 insulative wall sheathing beneath siding
- Rolled fiberglass
- Ridged board
- Expanding foam
For the professional look and feel that you want, turn to our line of Certainteed ProRoc Gypsum Board to finish your house, garage, basement, attic, or office.
- Certainteed ProRoc Gypsum Board
- Type X
- Moisture Resistant
It is vital to protect your home from water and rot, housewrap allows water to escape should it get behind your siding. Careful taping of joints and cuts as well as flashing on windows and doors will protect your home for years to come.
Housewrap Options and Material
- Commercial wrap
- Wrinkle wrap
- Tyvek tape
- Dupont, Vycor and Protecto Wrap